July 15, 2019
The air ducts in your home are like the veins and arteries in your body, they help transport clean air throughout your home. Making sure that your ducts are in tip-top shape is important, you want them to be free of allergens, dirt, and debris. Parker & Sons can help you maintain this vital part of your HVAC system!
If you’ve experienced any of the following, you should highly consider having your ducts cleaned:
- Renovation -- If your home has been remodeled – especially if there was asbestos abatement, lead paint removal, or significant dust – your ductwork may need to be cleaned. Ducts should be sealed off during home renovations; but if they weren’t, dangerous dust and debris may become lodged inside the ductwork.
- Animals -- If there’s evidence of animal infestation or nesting in your ducts or HVAC system, have the animals removed then clean the ductwork and HVAC unit.
- Mold -- If there is visible mold growth inside the ductwork, the ducts and HVAC system should be cleaned.
- Contaminants -- If noticeable debris, pet hair, odors, or other contaminants are being released into the room through the ducts after the registers have been cleaned and vacuumed; then the ducts may need to be cleaned.
- Illness -- If someone in your family is suffering from an unexplained allergy-related illness, and you’ve taken every other possible step to decontaminate your home, you may want to consider having your ducts cleaned to see if the HVAC system was the culprit.
If you have any questions about our duct cleaning service or any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. If you know you’re in need of one of our services, feel free to schedule an appointment online!