March 3, 2012
The HVAC is responsible for ultimate comfort in your home and business; it controls your heating, ventilation and air conditioning, so when it isn’t functioning properly, you can definitely feel the effects.
Fortunately, Parker & Sons has some easy maintenance tips to keep your HVAC system running smoothly and comfortably.
- Look over filters every month and switch dirty filters with clean ones every six months. If upon your monthly inspection you discover that one of your filters is filthy, replace it immediately rather than waiting the entire six months to ensure optimal air quality.
- Clean and disinfect coils. Moist evaporator coils provide great grounds for mold growth. A half-bleach, half-water solution will effectively destroy the mold. Make sure your system is turned off during the cleaning for safety reasons. Even though mold can easily appear on indoor evaporator coils, it is important to look at outdoor condenser coils as well.
- Wipe up water close to air-intake vents. Clean up any standing water because mold can easily expand when this source is around. Some buildup is average but sopping up pools of water more than one time every six months is problematic. When this occurs, the HVAC system could have more problems which would make it necessary to contact a licensed Parker & Sons HVAC repair professional.
- Look over the HVAC system fans. Fans can easily accumulate dirt which will decrease air flow and efficiency. Switch off your system prior to inspecting the fan for dirt. If you find dirt, wipe it off with a wet cloth.
- Use a certified Parker & Sons HVAC technician to review your system every two years. It is important for HVAC owners to incorporate a regular maintenance plan. Highly skilled cleaning and servicing by a Parker & Sons technician will create the best efficiency for an air conditioning and heating system.