We don’t usually think about our A/C until it stops working, leaving us stuck in the hot Arizona heat. But chances are, if your A/C unit needs repaired, there will be signs that it needs repaired before it’s too late.
Below are some indications that your system needs service and/or repair.
- Unusual smells. If you smell something that seems off, it probably is. Get it checked out immediately. A foul, pungent odor in your vents may be a sign the wire insulation in your unit has burned out. A musty smell usually indicates mold growth inside your unit or ductwork.
- Strange noises. Your A/C unit should never be making strange sounds. Squeeling or grinding noises could be an indication of a slipped belt, motor problems or components that need lubrication. These are serious issues that could lead to major damage, and they need immediate attention from a professional technician.
- Warm air blowing. This is not only uncomfortable, it’s also a sign that something is wrong with your system. One possibility is that your system’s compressor has failed or needs service. It can also be a sign of a refrigerant leak, which could come with costly repairs. Or, it could mean you have a bad capacitor or blown fuse, which is usually an easy fix.
- Moisture. Seeing moisture pooling near your air conditioner could be a sign that the drain tube, which disposes of condensation for your unit, is either blocked or broken. Although it’s a simple fix, this needs to be fixed quikly in order to avoid mold issues. Another type of leak could be from refrigerant from your system. This is a serious problem, posing a health risk to you and your family. Call a professional immediately and get it fixed right away if you suspect a refrigerant leak.
- No airflow. If there is limited air flow, check your air filter first. A dirty air filter can affect airflow throughout your entire system. Lack of airflow is also a sign your compressor may be failing. If this is the case, you may need to consider replacing your system.
Regular maintenance can catch a lot of these problems ahead of time avoiding major, costly repairs. At Parker & Sons, we can help with all of your A/C system needs, from maintenance, repair to replacement. Give us a call or contact us online!